Sunday, July 09, 2006

Webcamming and other stuff.

Just a little observation here: Since when did owning a webcam make someone a slut? I mean, I have the cam so that people I chat with can see what I look like, to reassure themselves that I'm not some fifty year old pervert behind the anonymity of a computer screen.

I understand that when you enter a Yahoo!Chat room in the 'romance' section, certain things can be inferred. One thing is that you're looking to talk to some one about *gasp* sex. Another thing is that you're not afraid to talk about sex.

But it should never be inferred that you're a slut with a cam just for being in a room.

It's not nice.

There are parasites out there in the chatting community. They're like leeches, really. They scent blood and hang on for dear life see that little cam/mic icon next to your name and assume you're going to give them a free show. They always want to view you and if they have a cam they 'allow' you to view them, and expect you to show them more than you want too right away.

This scenario happened to me today when I went into Yahoo!Chat, just looking for someone to talk to. Maybe to advertise the old blog a little. But immediately I'm bombarded by "wanna see your cam", "let me see your bewbs", or "hey baby what's up".

And the bad thing is you can't shake these leeches off with a simple no.

They just keep messaging.

Sometimes you come across one particular person that strikes your fancy and you strike up conversation with him/her. That also happened today. Like my newfound chat-buddy t r. He's close enough to me that I could get to him if I wanted to, and he's interesting. Not to mention fun to talk to and cam with. He wasn't demanding... he didn't tell me to 'show me your bewbs, dood.'. He was kind and courteous and playful. And for that I'm thankful. Talking to a guy like him shows that there are still some decent men out there who aren't just looking for a show.

Thank the gods for people like him.

No comments: